Austin, Texas is home to a vibrant farm-to-table restaurant scene that is sure to satisfy the most discerning food lovers. From small, cozy establishments to grand, upscale eateries, this city has it all. We have covered the top 20 farm-to-table restaurants, providing you with a variety of culinary experiences to explore. Whether you are a local looking for a new dining spot or a visitor seeking a taste of genuine Texan cuisine, make sure to check out these exceptional dining establishments.
1. Barley Swine 6555 Burnet Rd #400, Austin, TX 78757 Barley and Swine offers a dining experience that features multiple courses inspired by local farmers. Their shared plate and tasting menu options are truly seasonal and always changing based on the ingredient availability and creations of the kitchen. They even have an impressive list of house cocktails, beer, and wine with an airy space that features rustic wood tables, a 10-seat chef's counter, and patio seating. Barley Swine is a place to celebrate the love of food and drink!
2. Casa de Luz 1701 Toomey Rd, Austin, TX 78704 Austin’s premier vegan restaurant is nestled on the edge of Zilker and serves a cafeteria-style set menu of high-quality and imaginative organic food three meals a day! This hidden gem has a beautiful outdoor area with a secret garden feel. All their meals are organic and locally sourced. They also make sure to pre-soak their grains and beans before cooking so that their food tastes even fresher.
3. Dai Due 2406 Manor Rd, Austin, TX 78722 Dai Due, a brick-and-mortar restaurant, serves foods that are fresher, buys food that is produced in a fair and equitable way, represent local culinary traditions, and support farmers and ranchers who are striving to improve the quality of food. Their menu includes a smoked pork chop or a venison ceviche tostada, served with Texas wine in a spacious-yet-homey interior with exposed brick and natural woods.
4. Doc B’s Restaurant + Bar 3001 Palm Way #120, Austin, TX 78758 Doc B’s Fresh Kitchen, a contemporary restaurant based out of Chicago, is now open and serving at the Domain Northside. They have an enormous outdoor patio with a retractable canopy and a fire feature along with big windows and a long wooden bar that make for an unforgettable experience. The menu leans healthy-hearty with big salads, their signature “wok out” bowls and pizzas along with cocktails, wine, and craft beer. Though most of the menu is the same as other locations, there are a few items exclusive to Austin. These include the aforementioned tuna burger, the jumbo lump crab stack, and the crispy oyster lettuce wraps!
5. Eden East 755 Springdale Rd, Austin, TX 78702 Eden East; a 1920's farmhouse on a five-acre farm, is a true farm-to-table dining experience. They serve a monthly prix fixe menu every weekend, and an a la carte breakfast on Wednesdays and Saturdays! Every month, Chef Sonya Coté develops a menu based on what is available from their local farms and ranches, which includes the freshest, most vibrant seasonal ingredients.
6. Emmer & Rye SkyHouse, 51 Rainey St #110, Austin, TX 78701 Emmer & Rye is a restaurant designed around the farmer’s haul with a focus on seasonally inspired and local cuisine. The airy space features lofted ceilings and centerpiece shelving with design elements like wheat, cookbooks, and vintage glass. Their goal is to maximize local ingredients, and they even have an in-house fermentation program! Grains milled in-house, and whole-animal butchery is the focus at this Rainey Street American, which also boasts a garden and nightly dim sum specials.
7. Foxhole Culinary Tavern 13995 US-183, Austin, TX 78717 At Foxhole Culinary Tavern, their ultimate goal is to create a place with high-quality food, a fun atmosphere and a refreshing change of pace for their local community. They use three premium Texas woods to create seasonal menus largely prepared with farm-to-table products from local vendors. Their bar also has a wide variety of craft beers from all over the country including the best local brews that Texas has to offer. Foxhole boasts a great selection of specialty cocktails including classic libations as well as exclusive Foxhole creations. Foxhole's one of a kind design, great food, unique patio and inviting music combined with our neighborhood bar mentality will make us the place for any occasion!
8. Hillside Farmacy 1209 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702 Hillside Farmacy is a revived historic East Austin landmark showcasing simple and unique American large and small plates. Their inventive cocktails and menu full of bistro classics and oysters are all made with locally sourced ingredients! You will be charmed by the white honeycomb floors, glass chandeliers, copper-topped tables and reclaimed cabinetry and artifacts from an old Central Texas pharmacy. This well-designed space has a little bit of something for everybody.
9. Honest Mary’s 9828 Great Hills Trail Suite 300, Austin, TX 78759 Honest Mary's is a fast-casual eatery that features fresh, healthy grain bowls. Everything is hand-prepared and made from scratch daily, using whole ingredients that are locally sourced and organic, whenever possible. Minimalist in its design with basic black and white decor plus some succulents, their menu has the option to customize your grain bowl proteins like non-GMO tofu and hormone-free beef along with Youpon tea, kombucha and wine on draft! Their goal is to is to get you to feel better and to give you more life.
10. Intero Restaurant 2612 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702 Italian cuisine is rooted in necessity and gratitude towards every ingredient, driving the idea behind what Intero does and what they strive to provide to their guests. Focused on utilizing locally raised “entire” animals and locally farmed “whole” produce, Intero embraces traditional Italian techniques and cooking sensibilities from a sustainable, contemporary approach by highlighting the seasonality of Texas ingredients, bringing you innovative yet familiar dishes!
11. Jacoby’s Restaurant & Mercantile 3235 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702 Jacoby’s Restaurant & Mercantile is a transparent, value-driven, vertically integrated, ranch-to-table dining experience located on East Austin on the Colorado River. They are family operated with simple, southern and rustic roots. Jacoby beef is bred, born, raised, and processed in Central, Texas by the Jacoby Family. Their cattle get the best in nutrition and are never given any type of growth hormone or antibiotics. Their beef is hand-cut and dry aged 21-28 days to ensure exceptional tenderness and flavor. The Jacoby family also raises sheep, goats, pork, and exotics that will be featured on Jacoby’s Austin menu when available. They always look forward to sharing their family with yours!
12. Jeffrey’s 1204 W Lynn St, Austin, TX 78703 Jeffrey’s is an upscale neighborhood fine dining restaurant featuring dry-aged prime beef and French American classics. Decorated in walnut and comfortable tones, Jeffrey's is named one of the classiest places in Austin. Their New American menu is prepared with continental flair, including caviar and steaks sourced locally from Texas ranches.
13.Komé Sushi Kitchen 5301 Airport Blvd #100, Austin, TX 78751 Once a food truck, Komé is now a beautiful contemporary Japanese-style dining space with modern bamboo, tile designs, and decorative hanging lanterns. They offer a casual and comfortable atmosphere and great food with reasonable prices, where customers can come and enjoy their meal whenever they want! They strive to provide great food that is safe and fresh and treat every customer like their family and friends.
14. Launderette 2115 Holly St, Austin, TX 78702 Launderette restaurant was a laundromat converted into a polished, retro-chic space that uses locally sourced ingredients. Throughout weekend brunch, weekday lunch and dinner seven days a week, Launderette serve savory dishes, with a Mediterranean palette, and dessert from morning zucchini bread to seasonal ice creams and sorbets! You can enjoy their delicious menu on their modern and comfortable heated patio!
15. Lenoir 1807 S 1st St, Austin, TX 78704 Owners of Lenoir, Todd Duplechan, and Jessica Maher, want to help build a strong culinary community in Austin and to create a new style of dining in Austin. Lenoir Mediterranean, Indian, and French-inspired dishes are sourced exclusively from Texas’ community of farmers and food artisans who provide incredible produce, meat, and cheese. The menu changes with the Texas season with a great wine selection to complement the food. Bedecked with reclaimed furnishings, vintage crochet curtains, and an old drugstore–style bar make Lenoir a date-worthy and intimate dining experience!
16. L’Oca D’oro 1900 Simond Ave, Austin, TX 78723 L’Oca d’Oro is an Italian inspired restaurant celebrating family, community, and sustainability. All of their dishes are prepared with local and sustainably grown produce and meats—a reflection of a farm-to-table philosophy. In true Italian fashion, their seasonal and prix fixe dinner series menus are an appreciation of regionalism. All their pasta, cheese, salami, bread, vinegar, and liqueurs are handmade. When you dine with L'Oca d'Oro, you become a part of their community, becoming more like family.
17. Odd Duck 1201 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704 Odd Duck is a brick-and-mortar revival of the original food trailer! Their menu is inspired by the Texas seasons using local ingredients that showcase the loyal relationships between the chefs and the farmers built throughout the years. You can enjoy their excellent food, cocktails, beer, and wine on their wood and steel patio that screams ‘drink and eat here all day"!
18. Olamaie 1610 San Antonio St, Austin, TX 78701 Southern food gets a modern, farm-to-table spin at this Tarrytown American from chef Michael Fojtasek. Olamaie's menu is elegantly plated in a former home tastefully refurbished with neutral hues, tufted banquettes, and charming art from local artists. Olamaie is reflecting their attitudes of acceptance of others, unending patience, boundless love and soulful allegiance to their food.
19. Picnik Multiple Locations Picnik serves gluten-free grab-and-go breakfast and lunch items, butter coffee, and bone broth, all with a focus on sourcing locally, using premium ingredients all at affordable prices! They believe in eliminating the foods that do not enhance your health and want to serve you food that positively impacts your health in a practical and convenient way.
20. Salty Sow 1917 Manor Rd, Austin, TX 78722 Salty Sow will not disappoint! They serve handcrafted cocktails, and their entrees are served fresh daily; which are sourced from local farmers. Their rustic contemporary setting and heated patio make the Salty Sow a must go to!
21. Swift’s Attic 315 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701 Swift’s Attic, a modern punk style restaurant, is most recognized for their “R&D” style approach to producing the ever-changing menu, a carefully curated, farm-to-table take on American eats that proudly showcases a melting pot of flavor profiles and influences. Their bar features 14 draft beers and 24 that are sourced locally and an innovative craft cocktail program, supplemented by an ice tap that pours four ice-cold liquors instantly.
22.Tacodeli Multiple Locations Tacodeli is inspired by the magical flavors of the taqueria in Mexico mixed with Austin's friendly vibe. The merging of flavors from both sides of founder Roberto's heritage creates something all of its own. The result is a big, ambitious menu, prepared by hand every day. Tacodeli has a healthy obsession with the quality of their ingredients and the quality of their lives and wants you to have an amazing experience eating their homemade tacos.
23.Texas French Bread 2900 Rio Grande St, Austin, TX 78705 Bakery by day and bistro by night, Texas French Bread offers everything from coffee, muffins, and sandwiches to steak frites, housemade pappardelle and offers a vast wine selection. They seek out local, fresh, simple, nutritious and beautiful ingredients just for you! Their country and Mediterranean space and dishes make this a restaurant you want to come back to.
24. Tillie’s 3509 Creek Rd, Dripping Springs, TX 78620 Tillie’s kitchen specializes in creating something familiar and comforting to the local Dripping Springs and Austin communities while expanding the traditional Central Texas palate with an infusion of international flavors and cooking techniques. Executive Chef Brandon Martin, a 15-year cooking veteran from some of the best restaurants in Austin and West Texas, mixes Texas comfort food with non-traditional touches to create a menu that is both recognizable and unexpected!
25. True Food Kitchen 222 West Ave Ste HR100, Austin, TX 78701 True Food Kitchen is a health-driven, seasonal restaurant that merges nutrient-rich ingredients with a flavor-forward menu. Their scratch bar has a great selection of wine, local beers and seasonal cocktails that are made using fresh-pressed fruit and vegetable juices paired with organic spirits. Their outdoor patio is spacious with a wood-paneled interior decorated with green banquettes, and plant accents that add to the bright ambiance just like their beautiful food!
26. Uchi 801 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704 Every bite is a revelation at Tyson Cole’s Uchi; and award-winning nontraditional Japanese restaurant. Their sushi is made from the freshest fish, and their other Japanese inspired food is paired with a selection of sake, wine, and cocktails! Uchi's sophisticated setting brings in crowds from around the country and the world, and their impeccable service are all part of an experience that is well worth it!
27. Weather Up 1808 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702 Weather Up has three locations nationwide, two in New York and one in Austin. Weather Up is a sophisticated cocktail bar with a wide selection of cocktails with ice made from a Clinebell ice maker meant for ice sculptures! This special ice is crystal clear and free from impurities, making your drink the best drink ever! They are most known for using local ingredients and preparing meals that are perfectly crafted. So come out and enjoy a delicious brunch with a spicy bloody mary!
28. WINK 1014 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78703 Year after year WINK is praised by critics far and wide for their clarity of purpose and consistency of service and quality. They strive to provide the absolute best in fine dining where you can feel comfortable and open to a new dining experience and new tastes. WINK’s menu is updated daily based on what is fresh and beautiful from local and national farms and purveyors and is designed to encourage multiple courses and a dining tour of many different flavors!